Data Architect/Project Manager
Job Title: Data Analyst – ETL Developer
We are currently looking for individuals with strong leadership, data analysis and SQL programming abilities for a permanent opportunity for our company based in Overland Park, Kansas. We specialize in data management for government and corporate organizations looking to improve or upgrade their data infrastructure. We offer our clients proven and professional consultants to assist them in their efforts to provide a superior level of data quality through the implementation of data and relational integrity processes.
- Participate in identifying and defining business drivers, goals, and information needs and integrating them into the overall Data Architecture. Modify existing database construct to meet and support business needs.
- Support program and client implementations through data analysis and issue resolution.
- Assist in the development of business processes to drive efficiency and accuracy in the data acquisition and interchange cycle.
- Ensure that data layouts are mapped efficiently and accurately as part of bringing on new clients and converting/migrating existing clients.
- Develop and implement data feed specifications
- Develop and test mapping programs for the loading and extraction of data
- Ensure compliance to data standards, including timely receipt, data integrity, and data quality
- Communicate status to implementation project managers, clients, and vendors
- Collaborate with internal and external client/vendor partners in developing data mapping requirement documents
- Develop thorough understanding of client data and systems
- Provide project management and direction regarding data standards, data naming conventions, data sourcing, data feeds and physical/logical database design.
- Adhere to the data and relational integrity standards, and data architecture policies and procedures. Enhance information quality throughout the term of the project.
- Ensure consistency and integration with existing data structures.
- Maintain and publish the metadata infrastructure (metadata repository, model repository); maintain the data dictionary and business metadata.
- Reverse engineer existing databases and perform/oversee the data mapping of information contained in existing data source to a central target staging database.
- Manage with Data Analysts – ETL Developers to document data migration processes and procedures.
- Provide source to target ETL Requirements and work with ETL Developers to ensure efficient transformation and loading.
- Work with DBA's to implement schema's in selected target staging database and assist in capacity planning and performance tuning
- Conduct IM&T internal training on data management concepts with the client.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work individually and as a team member in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- 5+ IT experience with a minimum of three continuous years in data analysis/project management
- Strong understanding and proven success of developing SQL scripts/packages
- Strong understanding of structured analysis, logical and physical database design and normalization techniques, and data management best practices.
- Demonstrated hands-on data modeling proficiency (preferably with CA ERWin). Strong understanding of non-relational data structures (flat file, IDMS, XML) and experience in translating them into relational models, and vice versa.
- Experience with Data Profiling and Data Quality concepts and tools. Oracle Warehouse Builder and DataFlux experience a big plus.
- Experience in publishing and disseminating data related information to the business and technical communities. Hands on work with a repository and/or web based portals a big plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and facilitate in requirements gathering sessions.
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of delivering on responsibilities and tasks. Highly adaptive with an ability to organize, coordinate, and execute on details. Capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of a team. BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related field.
- Experience in most (if not all) environments such as: Oracle, SQL Server, ADABASE, CA All Fusion Erwin/Modelmart, SQL Developer, Informatica PowerCenter 7, DataFlux DataMirror, and Oracle Warehouse Builder. Experience with the following a plus: AS/400, DB2, Sybase, IDMS, XML, SOA, Web Services, Unix, and Process Modeling.
- Certifications in one or all is highly recommended: PMI, Six Sigma (Green Belt), ITIL, Microsoft, Oracle, or IBM training.
Salary and bonuses:
We offer a highly competitive salary structure with significant bonuses at defined, achievable project milestones.